Monday, February 13, 2012

Sorry to have disappeared on you like that, but...

Wow, have I missed everyone!!!  I have been thinking about my blog on a daily basis, and it is killing me that I have been unable to write anything.  I wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I am fine, but that my life suddenly got so busy that I have hardly had time to think.  I've alluded to the fact that my husband has been in and out of unemployment over the past three years.  Mostly, it has been great.  He is a wonderful stay-at-home Dad, and I actually enjoy having him home with the kids instead of working all the time. 

However, the financial reality of him being out of work for so long is finally hitting us hard.  As a result, I have had to take an additional night-school teaching position at my work, as well as teach classes on Saturday mornings.  Because I now have a 55 hour work week, that leaves little time for anything other than a few precious hours of family time during the week.  Along with trying to squeeze in the occasional treadmill run at 9pm, and maybe some relaxation time (what's that?!), it has been nearly impossible to write my blog.

Never fear, though!  I am still cooking Hungry Girl recipes, and have several that I will soon be posting reviews for.  My goal is to start posting again next week.  Things are calming down at work now that I am getting settled in, and I should start to have some free time to post reviews again.  I also have a lot of catching up to do with everyone else's blogs!

Although it is challenging being so busy with work, I do have to take a step back and realize how fortunate I am.  Not many people even have the option of taking on extra hours at work.  Most people are lucky to just have a full-time job.  Even though my husband is still out of work, I am thankful I have the job I do, and that the kids do not have to be in daycare right now. 

So, I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine of blogging again.  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you. You are definitely busy. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete